Just don't let go of my hand.

~Mark Sholtez ("We could get lost")





Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Colorado Trip

So the weekend of conference we decided to go to Colorado and spend some time with Ryan's family. We of course went in the great travel coach of ours, the beloved Mazda, and had a great adventure. Ryan got a speeding ticket in Laramie, Wyoming. His first ever and we feel very good about our little donation to the ever crowding populated state of Wyoming! Then about three hours into the trip our stereo went out and left us five hours to finish the trip to Colorado with nothing but good quality talk time. Ladies, when they say to marry your best friend...they were right. That would have been an awful thing if Ryan and I weren't such good friends! By now we are sick of sitting cramped in the ghetto-mobile and hungry. I thought we might be going the wrong way...but no...I could be wrong. When we saw a huge sign saying, "Welcome to Nebraska" we knew we were slightly off course. Even though we were a whole two hours off schedule it was fun to say that I have been to Nebraska and get my Nebraska state-shaped magnet to prove it! One more to check off the list.


Once in Colorado we had a lot of fun with Ryan's family. Saturday involved going to a pumpkin patch which included a baby petting zoo! This was by far my favorite part!
This is the cutest baby goat and I tried to stick him in my purse but then he ate it...just kidding....he didn't fit!
This is Ryan's Mom (Kathy), Sister (Kara), Brother-in-law (John-Paul) and nephew (Caleb) scratching the belly of the sweetest big. He didn't get up until they stopped scratching.

So the girls in this family are pretty short....but cute!

Even though this goat wasn't as cute as the little white one, it liked me the best and let me pet it whenever I wanted to. I felt a little silly chasing the white one and yelling at it to let me pet it. Needless to say, he never quite warmed up to me.

Out of all of the baby animals, the six-month old baby camel was the cutest. I felt something tickling my neck and turns out it was the camel munching on my hair. I have never seen anything that was cuter...well maybe Gabers (my little nephew)! Ryan looks a bit like the camel, no?

Ryan and his dad had a great time ringing the bell. Like father like son is all I have to say!

Okay, maybe I lied....I think Norman might have been the cutest animal at the zoo. How can you not goo over this little mop of hair?!? Pictures don't do him justice believe me!

Well, with all of the fun that we had on our weekend I shamlessly have to say that we weren't able to watch conference. Ryan's family doesn't get it at home so we are playing catch-up to hear it in chunks. Thank goodness for the internet and DVR! We will catch up however and reclaim our spiritual status.

2 comments:

kelsey said...

i stopped reading after your cruel slam on wyoming. i don't know about you tiff...wyoming is only the greatest state in the nation! thanks for all the great updates!

liz said...

cute, cute cute....ryan looks great. wow you must being doing good things to him. wait that sounded bad. hmmmm, maybe it was.