Just don't let go of my hand.

~Mark Sholtez ("We could get lost")





Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Baby HUNGRY!

On my birthday (December 28th...for those friends who need reminding!) I turned 28. My power birthday. I had always been excited for my power birthday thinking that I would be old enough to go on a cool tropical excursion of some grand scheme and that I would have the best life worthy of celebrating my power trip of 28 years on this planet. While I do love my life and have so much to be grateful for...on this particular day of my birth I did not feel quite so powerful. It all started by me crying when I woke up because Ryan did not immediately wake me up saying Happy Birthday! Instead I got a nudge saying I had to wake up because we were going to be late for hitting the slopes (more on this trip later...he surprised me in Colorado and took me to an adorable bed and breakfast. The bed was great but can't say much for the breakfast. That lady needs to get the food network!) As the day developed I became more depressed and cried most of the day (poor Ryan). Turns out my life isn't where I thought it would be at 28! I am living in a basement apartment still going to school for what at times I have no idea and STILL driving my crappy car because it looks awful but runs like a champ and aren't I lucky that the heater and ac work better than any car that I have ever had?!? (Also...more on this later. Prepare yourselves because this story will have you laughing right off your chair!). Anyway...onto the title of the story. My day continues on this way, me finding reasons why my power birthday isn't so celebratory when I realize what is missing! That's it...I know what it is! ALL of my friends are doing it! It's what I need to do!! I have found what is missing...I want a BABY! As soon as I realize this miraculous discovery I discuss it with Ryan. Mind you he now thinks I have become one of those crazy girls that cries over her birthday french fries because they weren't what she thought they would be (this is a big deal because at this point I have given up fries only to be eaten on special occasions one of which my POWER BIRTHDAY! The plot thickens!) and now I am telling him I want kids. May I remind you all that we have been married for only 1.5 years and LOVE being together and are both working FULL time and in school FULL time?!? Not exactly perfect timing plus the fact that when I bring up babies Ryan's face gets a terrified look on his face and I swear he wants to curl up in a corner in fetal position rocking back and forth to calm himself until I start talking about something else. Needless to say he calmed down and helped me think clearly again. Now is obviously not the time! Well months go by and friends get prego but I remain calm and keep my conviction that timing is everything and we haven't hit it yet when all of a sudden baby thinking strikes again! This was brought on by the fact that we are buying a house (SURPRISE to anyone who didn't know...I will post pics of the sweet sticks as soon as I get some good ones!) and what goes in a house better than a baby! This started because we are buying this house to remodel and Ryan keeps forgetting that we'll need a nursery near the master! Anyway I begin telling Ryan that I want a new car to go with the new house and a baby too. I don't think that's too tall of an order...car, baby, new couches. What's the big deal. Well....the talk went just how it has in the past and to make me happy Ryan got me a puppy. Now this would be fun news to those who don't know that we already have a dog...Truman(he's an adorable Maltese that has been with us for over a year)....AND that I have been holding my mother's dog LOLA hostage for months (She is pure bred Pomeranian and I love her and she is a princess and belongs with me. Besides the fact that she fits in my purse and I can take her shopping. That's right folks I became a purse puppy person and love it!). Well I got Girdy. She is ten weeks old and weighs about 2 pounds. She is a pure bred Boston Terrier and won't get much bigger. Along with Girdy came Harper her sister from the same batch. She must have been baked at a different temperature inside the womb because she is half Boston Terrier and half Blue Healer. Apparently their mother got around the block during her heat session and got knocked up by two different dads. Yes ladies and gents it can really happen....although I hear only in dogs but I don't plan on testing it out to prove it can't in humans. There you have it. The way Ryan got me to stop talking about having babies for now. We have become those weird people with dogs. Please if you come over to my house and it smells like those weird people with dogs homes do tell me or give my air freshener to soften the blow. It's not even legal to have four dogs without a kennel license! What were we thinking? I can barely take care of them let alone a baby so mums the word from me for a while! The only good thing is that they are adorable, make us laugh and are all really small dogs under 8 pounds. We can do this right?!? Enough talk...meet the pretties. First we have Truman, then Lola (Lola looks a little bug-eyed and scary but it's just a bad picture. She is 3 pounds of fluff and the sweetest thing ever) followed by Harper and then baby girl Girdy taking up the tail. Even if you aren't dog lovers you will love these guys!





13 comments:

Tricia Christiansen said...

Well this post made me laugh, you are a littl crazy. And i would say the the picture of girdy makes her look like all head and no body, but that is really how she looks. Love ya! you cant have babies for a while (remember our agreement!)Have a good day! See ya thursday!

Lindsay said...

I especially think Harper is adorable! Babies are much better than dogs, however. Though I can not begin to imagine having a baby with FOUR puppies running around...You've definitely got your hands full.

Neil and Roxy said...

Congrats on the house... I can't wait till we can buy our first home:) Your new puppies are cute. Neil would rather have a baby than dogs though he gets more baby hungry than I do. lol I love Lola she is so cute!

Scott and Lindsey said...

Super cute! I can't believe you have so many dogs at your house. We have one and he is all we can handle :)
Maybe our house is smaller than yours though (ours is tiny, only 1600).
Anyway, I just wanted to say I know how you feel. I'm turning 31 this year and life has definitely not always gone the way I thought.
Graduated at 27 (bachelor's)
First house at 29 (we were living at Scott's parents house when I was 27!)
First dog at 29
New business at 30
Still no baby (you can read about that drama on my blog!)

I always feel behind. I guess that is just life. Congrats on the house though! You bought at a much better time then we did. We bought 2 weeks before the housing crisis hit. We're remodeling too. Or at least we like to say we are.

Camilla said...

Whoa Whoa! Hold the bus, like two days ago you only had the third dog...Where did the 4th dog come in and how did it weasel it's way in? You are Crazy! I think you should give all the dogs away and have a baby...Just Kidding Ryan, Oh but really...New house can hold all the dogs and a baby.

dirty mccurdy said...

Hey Tiff, it's Katie from high school, how are you???? I saw your comment on Tristie's blog. I have been talking to Lena lately and she wants to hear from you. Email me and lets talk....

Jen said...

If I didn't miss you before, I miss you loads after reading that post: Tiffany at her best. Can't wait to see pics of the house. And Girdy's my fave. Just as cute as a baby. PLUS, I bet she lets you sleep through the night. CALL ME!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di said...

I knew you were baby hungry when you were holding Ambree. I can't believe you have 4 dogs, but that's coming from an anti-pet person.
Now we can have game night at your new place when you are settled.
Hope to see you in March as planned for more laughs :)

Trisha said...

Your dogs are cute. And congrats on your house. It's always fun to move into a new house! It was so much fun seeing you in Arizona. I can't wait to see you again in the summer.

Kris & Amy said...

Okay you are just the cutest/funniest person ever! I'm so glad we got to see you guys last month and hopefully we will again some time this summer! Its okay to wait for babies...cause once you have them, there is no turning back. :)

Tyson and Steph said...

Tiff, you are so funny. You will be a great mom some day. I am still waiting to hear on when you need our help to move. And I tagged you on my blog, so copy and paste into yours. It was so fun hanging out again. We will need to do a girls nite out one of these days. I love your little doggies!!

Lindsey said...

Hey,
How are you? Of course, I'm still doing pictures! Pictures and baby make for a fun and crazy life. So, I was checking your blog to see the update, but it is still from last February! I'm guessing there is some news?????

Lindsey